Warped minds welcome
That drawing on the front. It could be a lot of things. A lighthouse. An ice cream cone floating in space. Or maybe you had something a little less innocent in mind? If so, then good news – this is the game for you.
Draw a loaded phrase. Pass it on. By the time your delightful drawing passes through your friends’ weird minds, things will have gone horribly wrong. Then it’s most grins wins.
Everyone has a dirty mind. You. Your friends. Your friend’s friends. The list goes on. Luckily, we’ve got an adult party game where the darker your mind gets, the more points you’ll probably earn. It’s called Scrawl and it’s all about doodling your way to disaster.
The rules are simple. Draw a phrase. Pass it on. By the time your delightful drawing passes through your friends’ weird minds, things will have gone horribly wrong. Then it’s most grins wins.
Unlike most adult party games, this is one where players have full reign to create their own adult content and let their imagination run wild. Sure, we might give you a nudge in the right direction, starting you off by drawing cat orgies, bum chins, badly-trained dentists and O.A.P conga lines, but by the time it’s reached the end of the circle, the picture tends to have taken on an even darker form.
In a way, the more misinterpretations that are made in this game, the better. After all, like we always say: the worse you are at drawing, the better you are at Scrawling.
How do you play?
- Each player starts with a clipboard, a stack of whiteboard paper and a very questionable Scenario Card ('Octopus Mating Season', for example).
- Everyone then has to do their best at illustrating their scenario before passing it over to the player on their left.
- This player, having no idea what the original scenario was, clips another page over it and attempts to describe the picture underneath.
- The clipboards are then passed along once more, with the next player attempting to illustrate the new description in front of them.
- This continues until each of the clipboards have been returned to their original owners. Once the contents of the clipboards are displayed for all to see, players vote for their favourites in a run.
- Time: 20 mins
- Contents: 240 cards, 8 clipboards, 8 pens